How to attend an out-of-zone school

Posted on 1800/01/01

Students are only allowed to attend schools that are not within their neighborhood boundaries if there is sufficient space at the requested school.  (See Spanish version below)

OUT-OF-ZONE REQUEST PROCEDURES:     2024-2025              

Please read instructions prior to completing a request for transfer.

  • April 1st is the first day to complete Out-of Zone3rdequests.  This will take place On-Line, beginning at 7:30 a.m. at          If you do not own a computer, you may go to the school that your student presently attends and use a computer, the public library, or other computer in which to complete your request.  All requests will be dated and time-stamped in the order received.  All requests MUST BE submitted on-line.

  • Requests will be accepted from April 1, 2024, thru July 19, 2024, for the first semester.  Contact Terry Lopez, Administrative Assistant, at 575-433-0100 with any questions.

  • Requests will be accepted December 9, 2024, thru December 20, 2024, for the second semester.

  • All Renewed Requests (and New Middle School Requests), received by April 26, 2024, will be notified by May 10, 2024, if they have been approved / denied.  All other Requests (New and Renewed), received after April 26, 2024, will be contacted by July 26, 2024, if they have been approved / denied.

  • Requests will be processed in the order in which they are received.

  • All Approved Requests will be sent to the school locations for completion.

  • Parents/Guardians will receive notification of approval/denial by direct mail (unless otherwise noted).  They will then go to the approved school location with their two (2) proofs of residence (not older than 30 days), to complete the Out-of-Zone Approval.


  • Principal/Secretary WILL ATTACH copies of the proof of residence (received by parent/guardian) to Out-of-Zone Approval for the school site.

  • Principal / Secretary WILL ATTACH copies of the proof of residence (received by parent/guardian) to Out-of-Zone Approval for the school site.

  • If denied due to enrollment numbers, student(s) will be placed on a waiting list in accordance with NMSA Section 22.1.4, and student(s) will then enroll in the home school in which they reside.  Parents will receive, by direct mail (unless otherwise noted), a copy of the Out-of-Zone Request, showing the denial and reasons for denial.

  • If denied due to absenteeism, tardies, behavior and/or discipline problems, the student must enroll in the home school in which they reside. 

  • All requests must be completed in full prior to submission.   If all information is not completed, you will not be able to submit your request.   The contract portion must be checked, as an understanding of the Request being submitted by a parent and/or guardian.

All school locations will use the lists approved below for residency purposes.  Two (2) proofs of residence must be provided for an Out-of-Zone.  One or both may come from List A.  The second proof may come from List B.  Proofs must have the individual and/or spouse’s name on bill/receipt.  


                List A (Choose 1 or 2 proofs)                                                             List B (Choose 1 proof)

                Gas Bill                                                                                                   Cell Phone Bill

                Electric Bill                                                                                              Bank Statement

                Water Bill                                                                                               Medicaid Letter

                Cable Bill                                                                                                Doctor Bill/Dental Bill/Hospital Bill

                Waste Management Bill                                                                     Pay Stub

                Rent Receipt                                                                                          Car Insurance/Registration

                Mortgage                                                                                              Car Payment

                Property Tax Bill                                                                                   Credit Card Statement

                Lease Agreement                                                                                  Court Documents

                Voter Registration Card                                                                       Tax Forms

                Landline Phone Bill (not cell phone)                                                  Child Support Letters/Checks

                Propane Bill                                                                                           NM Driver’s License       (Must match current address)

                House Closing Documents                                                 


(Lease Agreement/Rent Receipt – may count as two, IF….utilities are included.  Both must show that utilities are included).

(Rent Receipt must contain:  Date, Name of Renter, Address, Amount Paid, if Utilities are included and signed by the Landlord).





Por favor lea las instrucciones antes de completar  la petición de transferencia.

  • abril 1st es el primer día para completar Requerimientos  Fuera- de – Zona. Esto tomará lugar en – Línea (Internet), comenzando a las 7:30 a.m. En   si usted no tiene su propia computadora, usted puede ir a la escuela que su estudiante atiende y usar una computadora, la librería pública, u otra computadora en la cual pueda completar su petición.   Todas las peticiones deberán tener fecha y tiempo imprento en el orden recibido. Todas las peticiones DEBEN SER enviadas por línea (Internet).
  • Peticiones serán aceptadas de abril 1, 2024, a  julio 19, 2024, para el primer semestre. Contacte a Terry López, la Asistente Administrativa, al 575-433-0100 con cualquier pregunta.
  • Peticiones serán aceptadas  en diciembre 9, 2024, a  diciembre 20, 2024, para el segundo semestre.
  • Todos las solicitudes (y solicitudes de escuela intermedia), que se reciban antes del 26 de abril de 2024, serán notificadas antes del 10 de mayo de 2024, si han sido aprobadas o denegadas.  Todas las demás solicitudes (nuevas y renovadas), recibidas DESPUES del 26 de abril de 2024, serán notificadas antes del 26 de julio de 2024, si han sido aprobadas/denegadas.  
  • Peticiones serán procesados en el orden en el cual fueron recibidas.   

  • Todos las Peticiones Aprobadas serán mandadas a lugares de escuela para que sean completas.  
  • Padres/Guardianes recibirán una notificación de aprobación/negación por correo  (al menos que sea avisado de otro modo). Ellos entonces tendrán que ir a su escuela  local con (2) pruebas de residencia (no pasadas de 30 días), para completar  la Aprobación  de Fuera-de-Zona.
  • La (el) Principal/Secretaria ADJUNTARA (mandara) copias de las pruebas de residencia (recibidas por el padre/guardián) para su Aprobación de Fuera-de-Zona al lugar de su escuela.  
  • Si es negada debido a el numero de matriculación de estudiantes, los estudiantes serán puestos en lista de espera de acuerdo con NMSA
  • Sección 22.1.4, y los estudiantes entonces se matricularán en la escuela que le corresponde en el cual ellos residen. Padres recibirán por correo (al menos que sea avisado de otro modo), una copia de Petición de Fuera-de- Escuela, mostrando las razones por la negación.
  • Si es negada debido a ausentismo, llegadas tardes, mal comportamiento y/o problemas de disciplina, el estudiante debe matricularse en la escuela que le corresponde en la cual el (ella) residen.  
  • Todas las peticiones deben ser completas en lleno antes de enviarlas. Si toda la información no esta completa, usted no podrá mandar su petición. La porción del contrato debe ser chequeada/verificada como un entendimiento de la Petición que se esta mandando por un padre y/o un guardián.

Todas las locaciones de las escuelas usaran las listas aprobadas abajo con el propósito de verificación de residencia. Dos (2) pruebas de residencia deben ser provistas para una petición de Fuera-de-Zona. Una o ambas deben venir de la Lista A. La segunda prueba puede venir de la Lista B. Pruebas de residencia deben tener el nombre individual del esposo(a) en el recibo presentado.


Lista A (Escoja 1 o 2 pruebas)                                                                  Lista B (Escoja una prueba)

                Recibo del Gas                                                                                                     Recibo de Celular

                Recibo de Electricidad                                                                                      Estados del Banco

                Recibo de Agua                                                                                                   Cartas de Medico

                Recibo del Cable                                                                                                 Recibo del Doctor/Dentista/Hospital

                Recibo del Manejo de Basura                                                                           Talón de cheque de pago

                Recibo de Renta                                                                                                  Seguro de Carro/Registro

                Hipotecas                                                                                                              Pagos de Carro

                Recibo de Pago de impuestos                                                                           Estados de Tarjeta de Crédito

                Contratos de Renta                                                                                             Documentos de la Corte   

                Tarjetas de Registro para Votar                                                                       Forma de impuestos

Recibo de Teléfono (no celular)                                                                      Cartas/cheques de soporte económico de

Recibo de Gas De Tanque                                                                                 niños

Documentos de Sierre de Casa                                                                         Licencias de Manejar de Nuevo México

                                 (con dirección actual)


(Recibos de Contratos de Acuerdo/Renta  - pueden contar como dos, SI…las utilidades son incluidas. Ambos deben mostrar que las utilidades están incluidas). (Recibos de Renta deben contener: Fecha, Nombre del arrendatario (quien renta), Dirección, Cantidad Pagada, Si utilidades están incluidas y firmado por el Rentero.




Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.